This versatile tent is made of polyester. You would find this large family size tent easy to assemble as it comes with a three pole design. With steel and fiberglass framework, it provides a sturdy yet lightweight shelter in the wilderness or anywhere you wish to set up the camp. The tent comes with a wall divider to make two rooms inside.
- It is easy to assemble because of its free standing design.
- The tent can be assembled with steel uprights and 3 fiberglass poles that are provided with the package.
- The tent can be divided into two rooms. Two doors make it easy to enter the rooms.
- Ventilation is good with six windows. You also have storage pockets of mesh.
- Steel stakes and guy ropes are included for making the tent sturdy.
- It is made of polyester.150D Oxford floor has 2000mm coating. The fly is made of 75D 185T polyester and can resist sun damage.
- Fly and floor seams are factory sealed therefore provide great weather protection.
- There are large zippers on the doors and side walls are straight so cots can be easily placed inside.
- The tent area is about 150 sq. ft. and the total weight of the tent is about 30 lbs. The base size is 10’x15’ while packed size is 12”x30”.
- Lightweight and sturdy.
- Enough room for two separate quarters inside.
- Floor and wall protection for different weather conditions.
- Enough space for cots.
- Additional support and sturdy framework.
- Storage and window outlets are adequate.
- Ideal for a family of 4 to 6 individuals.
- Floor protection might be inadequate during heavy rainfall or flood.
- The mesh-like top cover makes the tent inadequate for camping during winter season as it does little to keep in the warmth.
Browning Camping Big Horn Family Tent is good for families of 4 to 6 members who wish to camp out. Many customers have used this tent for weeks and months in different weather conditions. Except in extremely bad conditions, the tent holds up well in rain, wind and other weather elements.
The tent comes in an easy-to-open packaging. The instructions written on the tent body are clear and concise. This ensures that you do not lose the instructions ever. Even novices can set up the tent using the instructions alone. The height of the tent allows even tall members to be at ease and they can find enough room inside.
When you are looking at the Browning Camping Big Horn family tent, you could also consider similar tent products such as the Coleman 8 person Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin tent and the Wenzel Kodiak tent which is made to accommodate 9 people. These tent products are in the similar price range as the Browning Big Horn tent product. The size and certain features of each product vary but they are comparable.
When you are considering the Browning Camping Big Horn family tent you might as well consider the abovementioned similar tent products. With the Coleman Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch cabin tent, you get more floor space as it can accommodate about eight people. There is a built-in closet that comes with shelves and hanger bar. You can easily organize clothes and other gear.
Even with such an elaborate interior design, it is easy to set up as there are color coded poles that are preattached. The snag-free clip suspension and fast fit features are appreciated by all customers. It also comes with a Weathertec system to keep water out.
The Browning camping tent can also be compared with the Wenzel Kodiak tent. Wenzel Kodiak tent offers large and spacious interiors that form two rooms. There are gear lofts, hanging pockets, mud mat and storage duffel along with steel stakes that come with the tent.
The floor is made of welded polyethylene that provides adequate protection from harsh weather conditions. The tent has a screened roof along with bay and picture windows. This tent is designed to accommodate about 9 people.
The abovementioned points help you compare the different features of two other products apart from the Browning Big Horn family camping tent. Browning Big Horn family camping tent is heavier (when packed) than the other two tent products. If you compare the price, the Browning tent product is more expensive than the Kodiak tent. It is similar to the Coleman tent product when it comes to price.
However, with sturdy frame and adequate weather proofing, it is a good product to consider and would last you weeks and months of camping.